Severity for drug interactions is classified as minor, moderate, or major.
- Risk Level: Observe and adjust
- Description: These medications may interact in a clinically significant manner, however, the benefits of concomitant use usually outweigh any risks. A monitoring plan should be put in place and dosage adjustments may be needed.
- Risk Level: Adjustment should be considered
- Description: The benefits of continuing concomitant therapy should be evaluated on an individual basis. Actions such as aggressive observation, dosage changes, or alternative medications may need to be taken.
- Risk Level: Combination should be avoided
- Description: Concomitant therapy with this combination may cause more harm than benefit and alternative medications or means of therapy should be employed.